- Traditional Bulb Heel and Frailing Scoop
- Deluxe P-130 Golden Gate Planet Tuners for precise, easy tuning
- Considerate, removable P-101 Armrest for playing comfort
- Patented No-Knot Tailpiece
- Schwimmer-style fifth string pip for accurate intonation
Gold Star GE-1 Prospector Old-Time Banjo
The Gold Star Prospector is built in the tradition of banjos from the late 1800s, with a singular combination of traditional design, tone and contemporary playability.
The 1/2 inch rim of the banjo consists of two 1/4 inch plies of rock maple that form a firm vibration base for the warm tonal characteristics required for the old-time banjo styles. The “frailing-scoop” allows the player to access the warm tone found in the area just outside the confines of the banjo head.
The addition of sturdy but light-weight neck reinforcement and coordinator rod assures the structural stability of the neck and rim without a negative impact on the balance or appearance of the instrument.