- New Nylgut strings provide better sound than traditional nylon or PVDF
- Designed to have excellent player feel and a sweet tone similar to that of genuine gut strings
- Proprietary composite material absorbs less moisture to assure tuning stability
- Accurately gauged strings of varying densities provides increased accuracy of fret-intonation
- Red Series 4th string changes the weight of the material, increasing it to leave the gauge almost unchanged resulting in a brighter, more powerful sound
Aquila New Nylgut AQ-2B Banjo Strings – Light Tension DBGDG – Set of 5 (4th Red Series String)
The world’s most renowned ukulele string maker introduces new Nylgut strings and is Aquila’s first product to be developed in house to be its own proprietary design. Nylgut strings were developed by blending three different synthetic components to make a composite material that sounds better and stays in tune better than standard nylon strings, but with the feel and playability of genuine gut. An added feature of this exclusive composite material is that is was designed to absorb less moisture than other strings; which greatly improves intonation and tuning accuracy. Compared to standard Nylon strings, New Nylgut strings have a density similar to gut, but provides an even more refined sound; eliminating the characteristic metallic-like tones often found in other synthetic designs. For the best sounding synthetic gut string that still gives the player the feel of genuine gut, Aquila New Nylgut are the perfect choice!